May fill out the online application form by clicking on the tab located to the right of this paragraph. Please print out the completed form, sign it and submit it together with other required papers to an Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to an Indian Mission as soon as possible on the specified appointment day. Instructions for Regular Visa Application has all the information you need, including how to fill out the form and when to schedule your appointment.
BLS International Services Inc. handles the Consulate’s VISA needs (BLS).
- Citizens of India, please go here to apply for a long-term business or tourist visa.
- If you need a visa for emergency medical (or humanitarian) reasons, you may apply in person at the Consulate.
- Please use this link if you need immediate assistance.
- Minor applicants (those under the age of 18) must provide a signed permission form from their parents, copies of their birth certificates (short and long versions), and the main pages of their parent’s passports.
In a nutshell, these are the main points:
- The visa application form has to be a letter.
- Please print and sign the first and second pages to complete the application process.
- Should include two current, full-frontal-face color passport photos (2 inches by 2 inches) on a plain white backdrop to the application.
- The applicant’s valid passport and proof of residence are required (A driving license can provide proof of address).
- The application should be at the local BLS center, with the necessary documentation attached. For further information, please visit the BLS website via the Flyus travel. Check the visa checklist for needed documents. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Visa applicants may also benefit from the following additional details:
- A visa is often attached to a passport or other photo identification.
- Tickets should be valid for at least 190 days.
- Visas may be delayed, lengthened, or revoked at the discretion of the Consulate General of India. Verifications and approvals must be before may give passes, and a visa application’s acceptance does not imply a ticket will be issued.
- For visas, biometrics are mandatory.
- Applicants for long-term visas who previously possessed an Indian passport must provide documentation of their current immigration status upon arrival.
- Former Indian passport holders must submit Indian passports with the Surrender Certificate or the relinquished Indian visas.
- Even if a visa or the application, the fees already incurred will not be returned.
- Must pay a consular surcharge of C$ 4 and the BLS service cost of C$ 7.40 and the specified amount (including applicable taxes).
- To enter India, visitors from countries where Yellow Fever is endemic must have a current vaccination certificate showing that they have against the disease.
- Holders of a Long-Term Visa who want to remain in the country for more than 180 days must fill out a registration form and submit it to the closest Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) or District Superintendent of Police.
- In India, a permit to visit a restricted or protected region, and Must submit the application in the required form, and please do so. The time it takes to consider and approve an application of this kind might range from 10 to twelve weeks.
- Research, missionary work, journalism, and Non stop flights from USA to India travel document holders have different visa requirements.
- Visas are only good for six months from the date of issuance, after which they expire. When planning a trip, be sure to verify the validity of your visa.
- To apply for a visa, travelers must include a copy of the most recent round-trip ticket in their package.
- Can’t keep visas issued to tourists for an additional period.
- BLS visa centers have a 30-day processing period (excluding transit/delivery time from the outsourced agency to the Consulate) for visa applications. However, it that you apply at least three weeks in advance.
- Visas endorsed on expired passports will still be valid and a current one.
- Visas on travel papers take at least 30 working days to process. Only 30 days remain for the visa’s validity on the travel document (Persons of Tibetan origin on submission of a copy of Certificate of Identity along with travel document apply for three months single entry tourist visa).
Visa Application Process In Three Steps
- Send in the paperwork
At the Indian Visa Application Center or the Indian Mission, submit your application with the relevant documentation.
- The passport will be issued, as well as the visa
May obtain passports and passes in person at an Indian Mission, Visa Application Center, or by mail.
Conditions for Indian nationals to get visas
Most countries demand that visitors who are citizens of another country get a visa before entering their territory. Although the application procedure varies from nation to country, it is fundamentally the same. Most countries require a valid passport or travel document to get a visa.
Most governments need applicants to provide an invitation letter, proof of residence and adequate finances, etc. Additional papers may be necessary depending on the applicant’s profile and specific visa requirements.
For Indian citizens to go outside of India, they must get a visa first. To enter a nation, one must first obtain a permit that stipulates the amount of time one is allowed to stay, the validity of the ticket, and any other restrictions. While each country’s visa requirements may vary, Indian passport holders must provide the following documents/information to visit the majority of countries:
The visa application form (VIF)
Permission to enter a country is often given upon applying, including a passport-sized photo and other relevant papers.
- Travel documentation, such as a passport –
Passports or other valid Direct flights from Jaipur to USA travel papers are essential for Indians to travel outside India. At the very least, most nations require that the passport be valid for at least six months from travel. In addition, the key must contain enough blank pages for immigration stamping purposes.
Several countries require Indian tourists to provide biometric information such as fingerprints before arriving to expedite the process of immigration clearance.
- A letter of invitation-
Several nations demand a letter of invitation from an Indian person applying for a visa.
- Interview for a visitor’s visa –
Depending on the visa category, Indian nationals applying for visas to specific countries may be required to undergo a visa interview.
- Visa processing charges –
Visa costs vary based on the applicant’s duration of stay, manner of entry, etc. The size of stay, the technique of entry, and other considerations all play a role in determining a visa’s validity.