QuickBooks is the top-leading accounting software used by various businesses to accomplish their complex business tasks. Despite being excellent software, the users might end up with QuickBooks Error 401 when the system detects an unauthorized login into your company file. The users might also encounter this error while sending an invoice with QuickBooks Payments. However, it is necessary to resolve this issue as soon as possible with the resolution methods listed in this post.
Are you wondering how to figure out QuickBooks Error 401 on your own and need instant help? If that’s the case, then don’t worry and connect with one of our professionals.
Reasons why QuickBooks Error Code 401 Appears on your screen
Before proceeding with troubleshooting, it is essential to know all the root causes that might evoke QuickBooks Error 401. However, to let you know of all such factors that are responsible for this error, we have explained some of them below; check them out.
- You might encounter this error when logging into your company file or accountant toolbox.
- Sometimes, it may appear while sending an invoice through QuickBooks Payments.
- In other cases, the users might come across this error when they are registering during QuickBooks installation.
Simplest Ways to Overcome QuickBooks Error 401
We understand how difficult it is for the users to deal with QuickBooks Error 401 while operating QuickBooks. Therefore, to resolve this issue, we have outlined some of the tried and proven solutions using which you can easily counter this issue.
Solution 1:- Re-Login into your company file
If you’re already registered into your company file but can’t access certain features, try logging out, closing your web browser, restarting your system, and then logging back in. If you are not logged in previously, you may skip the first step.
Solution 2:- Remove Integration and then remove it
- In the first step, move to the QuickBooks Online Settings option.
- Afterwards, click on Admin and then navigate to the Integration option.
- Next, go to the QuickBooks Online located beneath the Accounting option.
- Further, tap on Disconnect and tap on Confirm to disconnect the integration.
- Return back to the Feature Add-ons and opt for the Manage Add-ons.
- Further, look for the QuickBooks Online Integration and select Install.
- Next, tap on the Connect to QuickBooks option, which will open the Intuit sign-up page on your screen.
- Add the login details correctly in the required text fields. If you are using multiple companies, you need to pick which one to link.
- Whenever you get a pop-up message, pick the Authorize option.
- Ultimately, “You are now connected” message will appear on your screen and open the preference window.
So, here we sum up our post, and we assure you that now you can quickly get rid of QuickBooks Error 401. However, if you are still receiving this error continuously, you can connect with our experts anytime.