1. Are there other ways to access my account?
We strongly encourage our customers to use Capital One’s digital tools and other resources to bank and access their accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customers can access their accounts online or using the Capital One Mobile app at their convenience. From there they can make payments, view transactions, check balances, find ATMs, and much more. It’s easier and faster (in most cases) to manage accounts digitally, especially when call wait times may be longer than normal.
2. What resources do you offer for those who are not as familiar with digital banking services? We recognize that some customers may need assistance with online banking. Ready, Set, Bank is a free online educational tool designed to give older adults step-by-step support, providing them with the basics of managing their money and banking online. You can watch the entire series of videos or select individual videos to learn new skills.
3. Are your branches and Cafes still open?
The health, safety, and well-being of our representatives, customers, and communities remain our top priority. Please review our Locations Finder for the latest information on the status of our operations (available in English only). Please note that some locations may be operating modified business hours.
4. How will customers know if a Branch or Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is available?
Our Capital One Location Finder will be updated several times a day to reflect the status of our operations at all of our locations.
5. How long will the changes in bank operations be in effect?
These changes in operations will be in effect until further notice. We are monitoring the situation closely and will notify our representatives and customers as soon as changes are made.
6. How are you ensuring the continued safety of your operations?
We continue to apply enhanced deep cleaning protocols in our open branches and operations centers to maintain a safe environment in the places where we are present. In addition, we have additional hand sanitizers for representatives and customers.
7. Will I still be able to access ATMs?
Capital One 360 Checking customers can get in-network ATM access nationwide at branches, Capital One Cafés, and select merchant locations as part of our relationship with Allpoint ATM. We encourage all customers to use our Locations Finder to find an ATM near you (available in English only).
8. Should customers make additional withdrawals due to this pandemic?
We understand that this is a time of uncertainty and customers may be considering making large withdrawals out of an abundance of caution. We want to assure our customers that we will ensure the continuity of our essential services, such as ATM and cash transactions in the communities we serve.
9. How will transactions that cannot be made at an ATM or from your car be handled?
Access to money and banking services is essential and we are committed to maintaining the continuity of essential services, such as ATM transactions and cash transactions.
10. Will customers be able to access their safe deposit boxes?
Yes, any customer who has a safe deposit box at a branch will be able to access it. If clients need access during this period, we will make special arrangements for them to do so after scheduling an appointment. Customers should call the branch directly where the safe deposit box is located.
11. How will you serve people with special needs in the open branches?
While most of our branch representatives’ interactions with customers will take place through glass or through the drive-thru window, our representatives will continue to assist customers in person in the customer service area. to meet your needs under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
12. Will business customers still be able to make Overnight Deposits and/or request cash or coins?
At open branches, customers will still be able to order cash or coins, and access to the Night Deposit box will not be restricted once the branch is open. Branch representatives will have access to overnight deposits and will process them following current procedures. We are also prioritizing customer safety and will continue to sanitize and clean overnight drop-off areas, in addition to taking other precautions inside branches.