When the QuickBooks error 1625 arises, it throws an error message on the screen that says, “This installation is forbidden by system policy that occurs when installing or updating QuickBooks.” The error usually comes up while updating and installing a new QuickBooks Desktop update. The error usually occurs because of the high-security policy enabled on the system. In this blog, we will talk about QuickBooks Desktop error 1625, its causes, and troubleshooting solutions, so stay connected until the end.
If you are facing problems with QuickBooks error 1625 and want to fix it right away, then dial +1 800-579-9430 and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks Desktop error 1625
Here are some possible causes behind the error:
- Some installation files have been deleted accidentally from the computer.
- The user is not logged in to the system as an administrator.
The next section of the blog contains quick fixes to resolve the error.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks update error 1625
Given below are some most effective solutions to fix the error:
Method 1. Modify User Account Control settings that suit QuickBooks
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open the Run window by tapping Windows and R keys together.
- Within the Run box, type, and open Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel, choose User Accounts and then User Accounts Classic View.
- Select Change User Account Control Panel Settings and click Continue.
- Move the slider towards Never Notify and click OK. It will turn off the UAC.
- Restart your device and try to update QuickBooks again.
If the error persists, proceed to Method 2.
Method 2. Check System’s Software Restriction Policy
- Again, open the Control Panel and choose the System and Security tab.
- Choose Administrative Tools and select the Local Security Settings option.
- Click Software Restriction Policies.
- If there are no restrictions defined. Search for the Software Restriction Policy Node and right-click it.
- Click New Software Restriction Policy, then double-click Enforcement.
- Move to the Enforcement Properties window, choose the All users except local administrators option.
- Click OK and reboot your device.
If the error doesn’t fix, move on to Method 3.
Method 3. Deactivate the Non-admin Prohibition
Some devices ask for permission while installing any new update. To changes these settings, so you can complete the installation, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at once to open the Run window.
- When the Run dialog box appears, type gpedit.msc and tap Enter.
- Move to the Local Group Policy Editor window and choose Local Computer Policy.
- Choose the Computer Configuration tab and select Windows Settings.
- Select Administrative Templates and double-click Windows Components.
- Select Windows Installer and move to Apply vendor-signed updates.
- Double-click the Prohibit non-administrators option and click OK.
- Shift the slider towards Disable, then click OK.
- Reboot your workstation.
- Download and install the update.
It’s time to finish our blog on QuickBooks error 1625. We hope you find it helpful. If none of the above troubleshooting methods work for you, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.