QuickBooks transaction error 179 basically occurs when the user tries to integrate an accountant’s copy into the QuickBooks company file. The QuickBooks rebuild error arises due to issues in the company file. The error might also appear while taking a backup and forces the QuickBooks user to rebuild the company file. In this blog, we will brief you on QuickBooks transaction error 179 and also cover its causes and solutions. So, stay connected till the end.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to resolve QuickBooks error 179 and need guidance, then call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks professionals
Causes behind QuickBooks error code 179?
The QuickBooks transaction error 179 occurs due to the following reasons:
- There might be some damage in the QuickBooks company file.
- The transaction error occurs when the user logs in to the wrong bank account.
- The user has entered the wrong credentials while logging in.
As you are aware of the factors leading to QuickBooks rebuild error 179. Let’s proceed to the solutions given below to fix the problem.
Best Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks transaction error 179
Check out the most effective troubleshooting steps to overcome QuickBooks rebuild error 179:
Solution 1. Create backup company file
Using the following steps, you can back up the QuickBooks company file anytime:
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Click on the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Move to the File menu again and select Back up Company.
- After that, click Create Local Backup.
- From the Local Backup window, choose Local Backup and then click Next.
- Hover over the Local Backup Only section, select Browse.
- Choose the location where you want to save your backup company file.
- You can also save multiple backup files if you want.
- Click OK and then Next.
If the QuickBooks error code 179 still appears, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
The tool will help fix the company file issues in QuickBooks desktop. To run the tool, get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to downloads.
- Find and open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the application by following the prompt steps.
- Also, agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation completes, you can open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Within the tool hub, select Company File Issues.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose the company file from the drop-down.
- If you can’t see the file, click Browse and search.
- Choose the middle Check your file option.
- Click Continue and then Next.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting procedure mentioned above helps to tackle QuickBooks error 179. If the problem persists, talk to the QuickBooks support team by dialling our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.