You can receive support payments directly to your bank account through direct deposit. Is that how it works:
Direct deposit is a convenient and secure way to receive child support payments directly into your bank account.
WHY SHOULD I SIGN UP FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT?
Here are some of the benefits of selecting Direct Deposit to receive child support payments.
- It is convenient. Payments are automatically deposited into your account, saving you a trip to the bank.
- It is fast and secure. You don’t have to wait for your check in the mail or worry about losing or having your check stolen.
- It’s free. There are no fees related to direct deposit.
- It helps you stay current. You can manage through the Internet all the payments you have received from your bank.
HOW TO REGISTER
If you are interested in setting up direct deposit for your child support payments, you can sign up in the following ways.
On the Internet through the Interactive Child Support Website
You can quickly enroll and submit your direct deposit application by going to the Child Support Interactive website. Child Support Interactive.
You may contact the Texas Payment Distributions Unit to enroll at (800) 252-8014.
Direct Deposit Authorization Form
You can sign up to receive direct deposit by completing the Direct Deposit Authorization form. If you need help completing the form, you can call the Texas Payment Distributions Unit at (800) 252-8014.
Here are some of the main benefits of payroll direct deposit through Altura Credit Union:
- Early Availability: Altura Credit Union gives you early access to your direct deposits. Depending on your payroll provider, Altura can deposit funds up to two days before your payday.
- Instant Deposit – With electronic payroll deposits, your money appears in your account faster than deposits in person.
- Instant access to funds: You don’t have to worry about check holds with Altura. Your money is instantly available in your account!
- Loan Discounts: When you sign up for automatic payments, you receive a 0.5% discount on Altura loans.
- Courtesy Pay – Not having overdraft protection on your account can put you in some sticky situations. But Altura will automatically pay your checks and debits up to a certain amount to cover you until your next paycheck.
- Automatic Savings – When you sign up for payroll deduction, you can split your direct deposit between accounts. This helps you automatically save for holiday gifts, vacations, or other purchases.
- Electronic Alerts – When you enroll in online banking, you can put your account on autopilot. Our e-alert program sends you emails and text messages to let you know when your direct deposits come in and what they’re for.
- Security:: Electronic deposits help protect you from losing your checks or becoming a victim of theft.
- Free Service – Best of all, there is no fee to set up payroll direct deposit!
Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits – Pay yourself online through our participant portal! Applying for sick leave or early leave benefit through carpenterfunds.com is the fastest way to receive your money, but doing so requires documenting your direct deposit election in your records.
Get your money sooner. With direct deposit, the bank clears the check immediately and deposits it directly into your bank account.
Avoid the trip to the bank and wait for the check to clear.
Save money – Some banks offer discounts or waive monthly account fees when you sign up for a direct deposit.
Avoid the inconvenience and stress of lost, stolen, or delayed checks. Checks sent through the mail are a cause for concern about being lost or stolen, especially if you are not in town on the scheduled delivery day. A direct deposit ensures the timely delivery of your money and gives you peace of mind.