QuickBooks Company file plays a most important role as it contains all the company data. Therefore, losing QuickBooks data can be a terrible disaster if the businesses haven’t created the data backup. But at times, there might be certain possibilities when the QuickBooks company file gets damaged, due to which you won’t be able to access the company data. QuickBooks Rebuild Data Error 6143 is one such error that may be caused due to the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file. Unfortunately, the damaged company file keeps your ongoing work at a halt and thus affects the company’s growth. If you are looking for simple and easier ways to repair damaged QuickBooks company files, then go through the entire blog carefully.
Want to know more details regarding how to repair damaged QuickBooks company files and need instant help? Consult with our experts to get all answers to your queries within the least time possible.
Different Troubleshooting Methods To Fix Damaged QuickBooks Company file:
If you are scratching your head and unable to find the solutions to fix damaged QuickBooks company files? If yes, then don’t worry and go through the simple resolution methods to resolve the issue listed below:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor of the Latest Release
You can use the File Doctor Tool to repair the corrupted QuickBooks data. But, for that, you first have to download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub of the latest version, which is (22.214.171.124). Once done then, you have to open QuickBooks File Doctor by following the steps listed below:
- In the first step, open the Tool Hub and then move to the highlighted Company File Issues tab.
- Following that, tap on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- After this, you have to choose your company file from the drop-down menu. Whereas, if you cannot locate the file, select Browse and then look for your company file.
- Further, choose the check your file option and then click Continue.
- If prompted, add your QuickBooks admin password and then tap on the Next button.
Solution 2: Manually Repair your company file by rebuilding your data
You can locate the errors you can address from the Verify Results window if you’re comfortable manually fixing them. Before you begin, make a backup of your company file and then follow the instructions listed below:
- To initiate the process, click on the QuickBooks File menu, click Utilities, followed by the Verify Data.
- Soon after this, let the tool check your file for data issues.
- Click Expand All to see the errors from the Verify Results screen.
- Then, to look for the steps to fix the error, select See Online Article.
Solution 3: Repair your company file Via the Rebuild Data Tool
The Rebuild Data tool is a built-in tool that Intuit introduces to repair minor company file issues like QuickBooks error 6143 that you may come across now and then.
- Move to the QuickBooks File menu; from there, click on Utilities followed by Rebuild Data.
- After this, tap on the OK option on the QuickBooks Information window. Then, go through the instructions displayed on your screen to save a backup.
- Following that, allow the tool to repair your file. However, it may take some time, so you have to wait until the process of repairing gets completed and then click OK.
- Select the File menu again, tap on Utilities and select Verify Data.
- Now, let the tool check your file for data issues.
- If the QB application fails to detect any problems, select OK. Thus, you can continue using your company file.
- On the other hand, if QuickBooks finds an issue with your company file, choose Rebuild Now.
Wrapping It Up!!
As you all are very aware of the importance of QuickBooks company files, and if you find any damage in it, you cannot access them. Therefore, to avoid such company file issues as QuickBooks Error 6143, ensure that you use the updated QB desktop and QB company files. For any further assistance, reach out to our experts.